You should absolutely have an "About" page that describes a brief summary of your business, how it's gotten to where it's at or your vision of where it's going if you're just starting out. You should add anything that sets you apart from other realtors in the area, what do you do different that should make homebuyers come to you?
Your home page should be simple and yet catchy, just enough to make the homebuyer want to see more. Keep a few of your best listings on the homepage, and have clearly labeled links so the homebuyer knows where to click to see more listings once the few listings on the home page have him interested. You can add other information such as interesting news, informative links and more to your home page, just don't overdo it. If it has a "spammy" look to it, homebuyers will more than likely go to a more professional page.
Be sure to include seller and buyer information. Let them both know exactly what you can do for them- go into detail about the list of services you will provide for them during the entire transaction.
Be sure to speak (and type) with confidence, make sure your client sees you as an expert in your field and very knowledgeable about the area and property you are trying to sell. Every time you sell a home, ask the buyer to give you a testimonial so your website will be full of raving reviews from previous buyers. Photos of your customers standing in front of their newly-purchased home just adds a bit more and if you can get in the photo with a smiling customer, even better.
Keep your site updated with fresh content. A blog is perfect for this, just keep updated content coming in and your site will rise through the search rankings. Be sure to check your site for expired/broken links and eliminate them. Don't pack your pages with too much information, keep it simple but keep enough information to keep people interested and wanting to see more.
- Real Estate Apps May Help, Overwhelm Homebuyers (hispanicbusiness.com)
- Finding a Real Estate Agent Who Can Get the Job Done (allstate.com)
- Selecting a listing real estate agent in Alabama: a guide to resources (reply.com)
- How Home Buying and Selling has Changed in the Recession (allstate.com)
- Selecting a listing real estate agent in Alaska: a guide to resources (reply.com)
- I've got a buyer for my home. Should I cut out the agent? (theglobeandmail.com)
- How to Generate Leads in Real Estate Business (realestatebylucas.wordpress.com)
- Real estate apps can help, or overwhelm, homebuyers (denverpost.com)
- How Can I Become a Real Estate Agent? Dean Graziosi Provides You Complete Information (deangraziosiblog.wordpress.com)
- Real Estate: Selling Today at Tomorrow's Prices! (throwmealifeline.wordpress.com)