Point2Homes recently performed a study to find out what most popular keywords are being used in order to sell homes most efficiently. The study was performed using 300,000 property listings in the United States. The most popular buzzwords for descriptions included words like "spacious," "beautiful," "stainless steel appliances" and "hardwood floors."
Keywords varied by region as well. Homebuyers on the East Coast searched for homes using keywords such as "move-in ready" and "renovated." Homebuyers on the West Coast were more swayed by words such as "mountain view," "ocean view" and "beautiful."
In NYC, homebuyers searched for "city view," "sunny," soaking tub," "closet space," "oversized windows" and "open kitchen." By utilizing keywords related to amenities that are hard to find in NYC, such as space, light and city view, real estate agents were able to sell homes much faster than the 180 day average that most homes are on the market for.
Mentioning top brand names also had a favorable effect as many homebuyers looking to buy upper-end homes are concerned about the quality of appliances and fixtures. Here, names such as Viking, Sub Zero and Miele gained favorable reactions from wealthy homebuyers.
- Placester, maker of site creation tech for real estate agents, reveals $2.5M in funding (bizjournals.com)
- Real estate apps can help, or overwhelm, homebuyers (newsobserver.com)
- 6 Secrets Every First Time Homebuyer Should Know (simplisafe.com)
- Real Estate Investing Advice - MilitaryVALoan.com (militaryvaloan.com)
- Real Estate Apps May Help, Overwhelm Homebuyers (hispanicbusiness.com)
- Real estate apps can help, or overwhelm, homebuyers (denverpost.com)
- Decoding the First-Time Homebuyer (usnews.com)
- Yo, homebuyers! House featured in Rocky movie on sale in Philadelphia (nj.com)
- Tips for first time home buyers (winnipeghomefinder.com)
- Real estate apps can help, overwhelm homebuyers (denverpost.com)