1. Disorganization: Stay organized no matter what cloud service you are using. Dropbox has great file/folder organization much the same as Windows folder and file system. Evernote has incredible organization for documents and small files and the best search features. Basecamp is the best project management tool available. Google Drive has a complete set of tools and services to meet any of your organizational needs.
2. Permissions: Different cloud services have different options for setting permissions. Be sure to set permissions and monitor which users and apps can access your documents and files.
3. Poor security: Make sure you create strong passwords, guard your passwords securely and enable any additional security features that your cloud service provider allows such as two-step authentication.
4. Improper training: Don't allow untrained employees to access your files stored in the cloud. If the files get accidentally deleted, misplaced or corrupted, this can have serious consequences for your brokerage.
5. Backup plan: A secure backup plan is the best service you can get when going paperless. A prominent cloud data backup service such as cloudHQ will keep your data safe by backing it up to a separate cloud storage account. This way, in case data loss were to occur (from accidental or malicious deletion, server corruption, or even if a server just goes offline for awhile) you will still have access to your data exactly as it was before the loss occurred. This can be a huge lifesaver in the real estate business as most documents are sensitive and extremely important.
- StorageCraft Cloud Services Enables You to Complete Your Own Recovery (storagecraft.com)
- 6 Steps to a Paperless Workplace (intuit.com)
- Can You Recover Data Deleted From Your Cloud Drive? (makeuseof.com)
- Why the Cloud doesn't necessarily mean Thunder (intechnology.co.uk)
- Can the paperless office become a reality? (lenovo.com)
- It Looks A Bit Cloudy (bullguard.com)
- mycloudbackup 0.1.0 (pypi.python.org)
- How to sync Dropbox with a Chromebook (it'll cost you) (gigaom.com)
- Double The Cloud Power: How To Sync Files Across Storage Services (makeuseof.com)
- BackupExec2012 report help needed. Want to export a job w/Media Info (community.spiceworks.com)